We have recently partnered with a business who has offices across the globe, from Munich to Tel-Aviv and San Francisco. Our client specialise in On/Off-Street Parking Solutions, Parking Analytics and Turn-By-Turn Navigation through IoT and Sensor data. They’re an award-winning data science and machine learning team with over 50+ years’ experience between them, more recently being recognised in 2020 as a Cool Vendor by Gartner. Now, this business is in prime position to hire as they head through their next round of funding!
As the VP of Engineering (and R&D), you will be responsible for overseeing the technological aspect of the business, playing multiple roles to be successful.
What will you be responsible for?
Planning & Roadmap
- Manage the effective execution of each project, understanding all matters related including business context, needs and deadlines
- Have control of project scopes, needs and results in order to effectively make decisions and lead the team involved, effectively & efficiently
Customer Journey, UX & Psychology
- Plan & develop continuous improvements to products based on a deep understanding of customer psychology
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Proactive and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Effectively prioritize, communicate and delegate specific tasks, projects and initiatives
Quality & Performance
- Oversee the quality of project delivery against KPIs set
- Ensure visual quality and provide feedback before providing the final outcome
- Mitigate any risk and monitor performance aligned with KPIs
Meeting & Communication
- Facilitate meetings & working sessions with the cross-functional teams setting the right expectations and outcomes
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly project status meetings
- Serve as a point of contact internally & externally
- Establish Software Development processes
- Mentor team members
- Review timeframe and budget
What do you look like?
- You will have 5+ years’ experience in technical lead or lead architect capacity
- 3+ years’ of people management
- Deep understanding of Cloud-Service Architecture: GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Experience in Java, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, GCP/AWS
- Knowledge in one or more of the following is desirable: AI, ML or Computer Vision.
- Experience in iOS & Android Development a plus