Lead Data Scientist – Renewable Energy
Working for a global energy business with a focus on the use of Data Science within renewable energy. You will take on the role of Lead Data Scientist reporting directly into the global GM as we look to build a brand new business unit across Europe focussed on bringing renewable energy sources to market (B2B & B2C). You will have had proven experience of building large-scale Agile teams (approximately 40 new hires in 2021), be very hands-on both in your experience of building extremely complex Machine Learning algorithms and a passion for the complexity of optimization & forecasting. In addition, you should have a deep understanding of Data Engineering, being able to clearly define best practice and support how the team use the best Engineering principles to solve the most complex solutions.
Successful candidates should have the following background:
- At least 8 years experience within either Data Science or Data Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a Senior Manager / Lead / Directorship position and proven experience building and leading teams
- Core tech expertise across Python, Golang, PySpark, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Airflow, SQL, Cloud (ideally AWS)
- Pragmatic leader, happy to get your hands-dirty, understands he full breadth of Data Science and the intricate details of Data Engineering (this is not a hands-on delivery role)
- Comfortable working with multiple global stakeholders, defending the proposition and translating business strategy into complex technical requirements
- Any experience of building Data Science / Engineering teams within the Energy (ideally Renewable Energy) sector will be a distinct advantage
This is a really interesting opportunity to join a global business as they build what can be defined as a corporate startup. Key hubs for this role are Netherlands, UK, Spain and you can be based from any of these.
Please apply today to find out more.